Monday 4 November 2013

Nanowrimo 2013 day four. A tough day.

I didn't have a good day today. I cracked out 4000 words and it was really hard going. Later on I was feeling a bit uneasy about the whole thing and realised I'd broken at least five rules set out for this project and been incredibly lazy.

I am officially pissed off.

What I'm going to do is ignore the screw-up, knowing I will have to fix many things in the book anyway, and just continue. I know what I've done wrong, how to fix it and now that I've made the mistake I'm sure my next session will be more focused and idiot free.

I hope.

I'll still put up some stuff I did today.

     I worked my way down through the next valley and was making good headway when my phone rang. It was a work number and so I switched it off and continued on my way. A minute later it rang again, and then every minute for the next ten minutes, finally I stopped and decided to answer the call.

‘Apex?...’ A strong American accent came from the receiver and I laughed.

‘I’ve told you dumb C.I.A pricks I won’t answer to those stupid codenames,’ I answered and there was a pause.

‘Algernon? Are you engaged?’ The question was delivered with the same kind of silly spy drama that I can’t stand and so I hung up. I stood there in the late afternoon sun and waited for the phone to spring into life once more, which it did. This time a women’s voice was on the other end and she had a thick French accent.

‘Algernon you are not playing nicely and Agent Smith is upset now.’

‘Fuck agent Smith, if you haven’t already,’ I answered and she snorted.

‘Is that any way to talk to your wife?’

‘Ex-wife, and yes it is. Now what do you want?’

‘You’re aware of the incident in the Alps?’


‘I am just on my way away from the area. There are multiple well armed terrorists in the resort and I’m on fucking holiday so you’ll have to find someone else to kill them. I’m an assassin, not a super hero.’ 


There ya go. More tomorrow... I hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment