Monday 29 April 2013

MUSIC MONDAY : Purple and Red from Edd


Colour; something that's all around us and yet something that can be overlooked, especially if you are colour blind. Of course being colour blind isn't as black and white as you may think at first (forgive the pun it was there), there are many shades of this condition. Take me for instance, I see colour but not like my wife. I can stand in the paint isle in BnQ and look dumbfounded when she asks me to pick between two nondescript hues of Green.

Surely there are these subtle differences, these light and dark shades that she says there are and yet I simply see green for the most part. If you hold them next to each other I have a shot at saying lighter of darker but on the whole green and red are fairly simple affairs; yes there are shades but it really isn't as exciting as other people seem to think it is.

I sometimes wonder if I'm missing out, but then the only reason I know there are is this exciting myriad of colour is because other people tell me there is. Realistically I'm not missing anything as my world has always been like this and will continue to be so long after I've painted the house and someone points out the wall is 'a hint of' and I nod and look like I know what the fuck they're talking about.

Well, that was a happy dalliance....now on with the tunes yeah?

Good.


PURPLE PEOPLE EATER by I really have no idea what the fuck this is :-)

Right, this is a song we used to sing to one of our big mates down the pub. He was oriental (he, in fact, still is) so how this purple thing comes into play I have no idea. For that mater he never ate anyone while I was there either, so I'm still confused.

This is it, possibly one of the most annoying things you'll ever hear...ever.

Sorry.





PURPLE RAIN by Prince

YES!!! I fucking love this song, album and yes, this man! Okay, fine, the whole 'symbol' thing was incredibly annoying and yes, he is does think he's the sexiest smurf in the entire world... But he moves and sounds like he can back that claim up all the damn way!

You know the song but I'll be amazed if you swing past and go to the next one. You'll press play and spend some time with the diminutive sex machine.




PURPLE HAZE by Jimi Hendrix

I really don't need to say anything here do I? Let Jimi's sound wash over you man/woman :-)




RED RED WINE by UB40

Yep, now I know this is a cover but this is the one I know and so it is by UB40, if you see what I mean? I love this song either way and yep, you guessed it, this is the part where we change from Purple to red.

Can't get anything past you can I?




SKINNY SWEATY MAN by The Red Hot Chili Peppers

I know what you're going to say! I know! 'THERE IS NO COLOUR IN THE TITLE!' Yes, I know, but it goes 'Skinny sweaty man, in a little green suit! Ow!' And that is good enough for me. :-) Oh, yeah, I know what you're gonna say now! IT'S NOT PURPLE OR RED!

I know, but it's my blog, my rules and if I want to rip them up, set them alight and then piss on the fire to put it out... Then I can.

Enjoy the Pepper madness!



Next week I will consider sticking to the rules.

Maybe.

Thanks for reading and listening. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I would have to add Purple Love Balloon by Cud, and The Red Shoes by Kate Bush! Happy Monday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started grabbing tracks, realised there were sooo any and had to just grab. There are so many awesome tracks. I was tempted with 'Pink Cadillac', 'Little Red Corvet' ....hang on, there's another Music Monday here. Cars!

      Ta!

      Delete