Monday 27 August 2012

Music Monday

A few weeks ago I was chatting with some of my favourite tweeps (in the form of @Jomakessix and @nigeljh , though @Jehefinner may very well have been involved too) and we landed on the idea of suggesting a list of albums to place before the world from our own c.d collections. Music we loved both old and new, maybe leading each other to new pastures and happy ear drums.

This week I'm placing a list up. Check it out. Most of this stuff you should be able to hear on youtube and try it out. I'd like to think maybe I'll introduce you to a sound that you connect with. Baring that in mind I'm going to try and put a varied mix of sounds to recommend.

I hope you find something you like.

TENACIOUS D: Rize Of The Fenix.

New album and a return to form after the disappointing 'Pic of Destiny'. Comedy rock is hard to do. These guys are at the top of their game.  


MARTIN HARLEY: Grow Your Own

An awesome slide guitarist that blows me away. He's one of me favourite's and having seen him live I can say he's one of the most skilled musicians I've ever heard.





MIKE OLDFIELD:Music Of The Spheres.

An album that got much hype given Oldfield's long absence from the musical scene but boy was it worth the wait!!





FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY: Millennium.

Early nineties Canadian Industrial is not something that you hear people expounding on regularly, but this is something I love. Its aggressive, negative, moody and packed with long tracks that bleed into each other. Not sold? See? Its an outsider.



Finally we have number five. A soundtrack that you've heard. One that still chimes up when lazy Hollywood types want to give their trailer real impact.

CRIMSON TIDE By Hans Zimmer

Huge but quite, nautical, impressive, brooding, militaristic...amazing! In the week we lost Tony Scott what else could the soundtrack be?!





That's my five for this week. You want to leave me suggestions on something I can check out? Go for it! Wanna blog your five of the week?! Go for it!

Hope you find something new or remember something old, if not that's okay. Better luck next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment